While everyone knows trampolines are fun to play on, did you ever consider how jumping on trampolines can help you to stay fit? It’s true, trampoline exercise offers health benefits you likely haven’t heard of and certainly never considered before. Today, let’s explore the top 10 health benefits of trampoline exercise.
- Exercise without Excess Pressure – Jumping or jogging on a trampoline provides you with great cardio (cardiovascular) workouts without applying unwanted pressure on your joints. Without the unnecessary excess pressure on your joints, you can exercise the entire body for longer periods with less tiredness and reduced soreness.
- Lose Weight – Studies by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) have demonstrated that rebounding exercises (like jumping on a trampoline) are considerably more effective for weight loss than running. More calories are burned in an hour rebounding on a trampoline than in the same period of running or jogging.
- Enhance the Cardiovascular System – Rebounding on the trampoline improves blood circulation, thus enhancing the cardiovascular system and reducing blood pooling which often leads to chronic edema (swelling).
- Improve Lymphatic System Flow – The lymphatic system relies on body motion to function, ridding the body of wastes and toxins. Rebounding on the trampoline exercises the entire body, triggering the opening of lymphatic valves and increasing lymphatic flow which then pumps out unwanted wastes from the body.
- Detox, Cleanse and Increase Immune Function – As the lymphatic system function increases from trampoline exercise, the body is better able to detox and cleanse naturally, enhancing the function of all your muscles and cells. Because of improved lymphatic function, the body’s defenses (the immune system) increase, fighting infections, viruses, diseases, and bacteria more effectively.
- Reduce Fat, Increase Muscle – Rebounding exercises on the trampoline enhances detoxification which increases fat loss. Also, trampoline exercises increase muscle mass, firming and toning the entire body. Trampoline rebounding also helps eliminate cellulite.
- Increase Bone Mass, Enhance Skeletal System – Rebounding improves bone density, which in turn helps prevent osteoporosis and similar conditions. Plus, trampoline exercises make joints, ligaments, and tendons stronger, preventing the onset of various types of arthritis.
- Improve Balance – Trampoline exercise works in conjunction with the middle ear, improving balance and enhancing posture.
- Reduced Risk of Injury – As a low impact cardio exercise, rebounding absorbs impact while equally distributing force, which means trampoline exercise reduces the chance for muscle injuries.
- Can Help Prevent Cancer – As the lymphatic system’s function is improved through trampoline exercise, the lymphatic fluid works to remove cancerous cells from the body along with other toxins and waste.
Get a Jump on Your Health at Sky High Sports
With the health benefits of trampoline exercise fresh in your mind, it’s the perfect time to call or visit Sky High Sports in Santa Clara to start your fitness journey while having fun!